Sunday, December 14, 2008

Coming along swimmingly

I made it to the pool two more times this last week. I got surprised by a swim meet at my normal swimming location (Columbia Pool) on wednesday. It's not like they had signs or the dates called out in their Fall Schedule or anything. So I rode my bike home and got directions for Dishman Pool and drove over there to get 45 minutes of swimming.

I didn't swim very efficiently. I couldn't find my rhythm or efficiency in my stroke. I beat the water for about 14 laps and then called it good. I ran the clock all the way out to closing time. I felt nowhere near as efficient as I had Monday night. Disheartening.

I headed back to Columbia Pool on Friday night. I like Friday nights at the pool. There's only an hour of open swimming but they have 6 open lanes so I generally don't have to share with anyone. I stroked out 15 laps at Columbia and while I never linked a full 50 yards together, I did have a mini breakthrough on my breathing. And I fiddled with some of my posture during the swim. It felt more productive than Wednesday night.

Hopefully I'll see some improvement in distance over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: