Monday, December 08, 2008

18 is also less than 20

But 3 is more than zero!

Eighteen 50 yard runs in the pool is what I managed tonight. Which is less than my ostensible 1000 meter per swim night goal. I did, however, get three 50 foot laps without needing to stop at the 25 meter mark. And they were my first laps of the night. I then reeled off 5 more laps where I made it about 40 meters before I completely wound out my wind.

And then Staff Sergeant Evan Smith walked into Columbia Pool.

He works out at Recreate with me and Dev and the crew. And he's in Air Force Reserves. In rescue, or something. Something that involves a lot of swimming and rescuing people. And he wanted someone to swim with outside his Air Force crew. So I stepped up. Evan joined me at the pool tonight after a few missed connections. He gave me some pointers based on what he could see. Then he swam the length of the pool underwater, underneath me to watch my form. So he's a big friggin' show-off to boot ( I kid, I kid!)

Between him and Dev, I'll have some killer form in the next few months!

2 comments:

seant said...

hi David,
did you get much out of the total immersion book? just curious. i really got a lot from that book.

David said...

I'm getting there with bits and pieces. I tried the beginning exercises but wasn't very disciplined. So I fell off the wagon.

What's good is that what I hear from Dev and Evan and read in the book all match up.