Tuesday, December 02, 2008

17 is less than 20

Back to swimming tonight. And it looks like tomorrow night, too. Good thing swimming is a low impact activity. I had a brief hiatus this month. I last hit the pool on November 18 (also a Tuesday). The Thanksgiving and a lot of madness hit. I got distracted and lazy. So I couldn't capitalize on my performance that night. I got up to 20 laps that night. My flow wasn't great. And my energy and enthusiasm hit a pretty low ebb. But I made 20 laps.

And then I stopped swimming for two weeks.

Good news is that my form is still not too bad. I felt like I swam pretty well. I had two or four lengths where I actually felt efficient and not too out of breath by the time I reached the end of the lane. Bad news is that I could not string any of these good lengths consecutively. [sigh] My left calf near the ankle decided to seize up in a pretty painful cramp, too on lap 17. So I finished the lap and called it good. I'll be back tomorrow night for more.

1 comment:

E said...

Mind if I tag along tomorrow night? I'm missing my friday morning swim.