Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tellin' stories

So I used to be a huge fantasy/sci-fi literature junkie. And one of my favorite authors in the genre is H.P. Lovecraft. I first read him in high school after checking one of his books out of the school library, of all places. I was hooked. His dark universe of implacable and coldly indifferent forces mesmerized me. Reading him led to the first time I had trouble turning the lights off to go to sleep.

I wrote my college thesis on Lovecraft's universe.

While I don't crack the spines very often, I own the hard-bound edition of the complete works of Lovecraft.

And now I live in a city that has a film festival started
in the hope that H.P. Lovecraft would be rightly recognized as a master of gothic horror and his work more faithfully adapted to film and television.

The H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

And I just bought a weekend pass for the show. If you're going, then lemme know. If you want to go, lemme know. I'll be there.

No comments: