Sunday, October 05, 2008

HPL Film Fest wrap up

I had a great time. Instead of a listing of the things I watched, I'll just say that I'm glad I bought a weekend pass and "ate my fill" at the trough. I didn't stay all the way through the end tonight; I got home at 1:30 am this morning. Then Dev and I hosted breakfast for a lot of folks from the gym so we could go cheer Sean and Shirley on their run in the Portland marathon (pics coming soon). I made it through the first session at the film festival today and then just hit the wall. I listened to some good discussion on pop culture and Lovecraft, on Robert E Howard and his Solomon Kane character, and one more spate of comments and funniness from Mike Mignola.

And I won a DVD by knowing some Lovecraft trivia.

So a successful weekend. Now time for pizza, a DVD at home (no, not the one I won) and then the sweet release of sleep.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Did you see Dunwich Horror? What'd you think?

David said...

Sadly, no. I planed on seeing it in the evening on Sunday and then watching Shorts Block 3. Unfortunately, I don't handle multiple 1 am bedtimes in a row quite the way I used to. I hit the dinner break on Sunday at the fest and crashed hard.

If you know of someplace else I'll be able to see it, lemme know!