Thursday, January 08, 2009

True evil exists at our gym

I have encountered true evil at Recreate Fitness. This malevolence causes men of grit to quail and women of quality to seek shelter. I speak of nothing less than "The Leg Circuit"; an exercise progression of such agony that the sane flee it.

Four exercises comprise this leg circuit:
20 squats
10 lunges with each leg, alternating
10 jumping lunges with each leg, alternating
10 jumping squat

The ache of this poison lingers in my thews and stains my ligaments with grief. I yearn for a quick recovery, as do all who encounter this well of woe. But you may mark me out of the crowd by my haggard visage and shuffling, pained gait.

At least for another 24 hours or so.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Hysterical!

John said...

For time:

Run 800 meters
Lunge 400 meters
Run 400 meters
Lunge 200 meters
Run 200 meters
Lunge 100 meters

Let me know how it goes.

htodd said...

Oh, come on. I finished the leg circuits faster than you and I feel fine. And I only took twice as much time as Courtney.

Nate Tack said...

My ski coach used to make use do something like this when I was a kid. Still one of my fav and has lots of options. I did this workout yesterday but switched it up doing a mile run between circuits (no KB swings as I was outside running)

My current fav variation on this is 5 a mile run,
At every mile do 20 x squats, pushups, calve raise, lunges. Mix up depending on motivation/time limits. For a faster pace do 2 miles of running and a circuit at every .5 mile. If you do it at a park, add on box jumps in the circuit at every mile.