Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday may be better than Thursday

Which was better than Tuesday.

Swimming tonight. I swam twice last week. Tuesday night I fought about 30 people for a space in the slow lane. Apparently, I am not a slow swimmer. I am a swimmer that swims at a medium pace but requires frequent rest, like at the end of a lap. This knowledge will help me calibrate my swimming lane choice in the future. So because of the pace and the crowd, I only got 15 laps before I called it a night. Bad flow. Didn't feel strong or fluid. A disappointing session.

Thursday night went considerably better. I beat out 18 laps divided evenly between left-side and right-side breathing. I had at least two pool lengths where I felt fast and smooth and in good position. This follows a pattern I seem to have with swimming. One night is reasonably good, then next night swimming not so much. Then a third night is back to reasonably good.

So lets hope Monday is not a Monday, but is better than a Thursday.

No comments: