Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Swimming report

No clever title this time. I'm about 8 blog posts behind where I should be right now. No time to be clever.

So I swam last Tuesday at Dishman pool. I swam 20 laps in an hour. I had a decent night. Not too crowded. A good night to consolidate gains.

Then I tried to swim at Dishman Friday night. I didn't check the schedule; they hosted a swim meet. So I had to rush over to Columbia pool. By the time I hit the water I only had 45 minutes to swim. I got 15 laps. Started with breathing to my right side which is the weaker side from a technique standpoint. When I switched to my left side I felt like I was flying. I also held myself to 60 seconds of rest between laps (previously I had allowed 90 to 120 seconds). Despite my limited time in the water, I felt good about the night.

Then I swam at Dishman last night for an hour. Had a lane virtually to myself. Held myself to 60 second rests between laps. Finished 20 laps. Finished 20 laps in about 46 minutes. I feel almost ready to start working toward 100s.

What a change from a year ago. I'll dig up the entry from last year this time and see how far I've progressed.

No comments: