Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hunchback Mountain round 4

I got shut down on Hunchback Mountain today.
Again.
I got farther than ever before. I made it to Rimrock Viewpoint in an hour. Pretty zippy. Kinda. I was soaked by the time I got up there. I continued on but kept losing the trail. Lucky for me, there is only one ridge for Hunchback. If I went too far left or too far right, then I would get corrected by the significant altitude loss. So I wandered back and forth a little bit. Kept to the top of the ridge, as near as I could tell. Walked on the snow when I had to. Walked on dead plant matter when I could. Stepping over dead trees. Tripping on downed branches. Skipping through semi-overgrown tread paths. The day was good. I'll post the full previous story soon. Here's some pics from today.

No comments: