Monday, February 23, 2009

Split decision

Went to Skibowl with John and Caitlin yesterday. It was warmish and mostly dry until our last hour. They both had new snowboards to try out for the day. I left my board at home since I planned to take a ski lesson; something that John teased me about for several minutes in the car.

Then he asked Caitlin to hand him the donuts. And the bag was open and pointed downwards.

The donuts fell into John's lap.

I didn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. Recriminations flew. Ultimately John knew that he will always be known as the dude with donut crotch syndrome. He managed to rebag the donuts and drive us safely to Skibowl.

I took a ski lesson and got some great tips and refinements from my instructor Dan. I skiied until about 3 and then called it good. This proved a wise decision because the rain that had threatened us all day and pelted us for about an hour really started coming down after we bagged it for the day.

The only bad part about liking skiing is that I have to buy new hardware. Sigh.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Hopefully, no donuts were harmed.