Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Smile a little

People in this town riding their bicycles need to smile a little bit more. I'm not talking about the homeless guys. And I'm not talking about the athletes in their superhero outfits. I'm talking about the folks riding to work or out for chores in normal clothes. I mean a little smile when someone smiles and waves should be the natural reaction. Instead, I get scowls and frowns. And it's not even raining!

Why be on the bike if it's no fun? It's certainly more fun than driving! Or walking! Or riding the bus (though riding the bus can be pretty fun).

So smile a little Portland!

2 comments:

GScotty said...

Hey man, don't you know he economy is in the crapper?

Take your polly-anna smile and shove it up...

Just kidding. Maybe they are desperation cyclists forced onto their bikes from financial duress?

Yvette said...

Are you sure you're smiling?