Sunday, July 13, 2008

Burning USA!

Dev and I went surfing today. Or rather we went and tried to surf at Ecola Beach state park. Pratfalls into the water and salt-water martinis actually ensued upon said attempt. Sue came with us. She rocked the longboard, getting up and riding 10 times the *combined* successful rides that Dev and I had. We had fun. We came away exhausted. And sunburned. You'd think that by now I would know that lazing around shirtless in full summer sunlight for 45 minutes after lunch without sunblock would be a bad idea. Apparently I do not know this yet. My wonderful nap turned into a very bright and angry sunburn on my chest. Of course my back is still its normal fishbelly white, so I have the bonus that I look like I just stepped put of an episode of "Friends". Anyway, we had great fun. Thank go to Sue for playing in the water with us and to Anna for watching our stuff on the beach, in between the 5 books she read in the course of the day.

1 comment:

Cathartic Rage said...

Awesome! I'm jealous!