Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good lord, I haven't posted in a while. Lots of new things happening here in Portland:

-My cousin Jenna and her family are moving to Portland/Vancouver later this year.

-The Mazamas BCEP program just wrapped up, so I can get bak to my regular climbing, hiking, etc. I met some really good folks in BCEP this year and hope to see them on a climb later this summer.

-Last weekend was the last hike with the BCEP class. It included a mini climb out on Indian Point. I'll post pictures later, but I want to say that the view and the drop-off (or exposure) on Indian Point is phenomenal!

-Bojangles got into a dogfight with another dog last night at the dog park. He's fine; he lost a dew claw and he's looking for revenge, but he's fine.

-I returned my upteenth pair of boots to REI last night. The quest for the perfect pair (for me) continues. Last weekend drove home the point about using the right footwear for the activity. More on that later. For now, I'm switching up to backpacking boots and hope to have less painful hikes for the rest of the summer.

-Devon is about to get Crossfit Instructor certified. She (and I) are very excited that a workout program has turned into a fun and rewarding activity that involves more than just exercise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You returned the boots? Yeah, I'm not saying a single word. :)