Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rivercity Bicycles proves again how great they are. I popped in during lunch because I lost one of the bolts that secures my bike rack and rear fender stay to the frame. Sometime in the last month or two the demons of bike commuting claimed tribute and left me shy this mounting bolt. So I stroll into the shop during my lunch break and ask if they have a replacement on hand. The mechanic digs out the bolt, installs it, checks the other one and then refuses payment of any sort.

There's the reason I like the joint. They don't know me - I certainly don't come in often enough to be a "regular" or "big spender." Every time I go in for a small service issue, they just take care of it.

And I saw one of the managers or assistant managers walking around with an iPhone. That was pretty cool.

No comments: