Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Remember how I posted in October that I thought I was going to ski this season.

Remember how I said I'm fickle.

Yep. I'm back to 'boarding. I loved the idea of skiing. I love watching the guys ride on ski videos. Every time I thought about skiing myself, though, I felt a little dread. I felt grim about the effort I'd have to exert to stay on top of the sticks; to stay balanced all the way down the slope. I didn't look forward to the experience.

And every time I thought about snowboarding I smiled a little bit. I remember the flow. I can feel the snow sliding under me. And I don't dread the effort, I anticipate the ride. The only thing I'm really not happy about is the ski lift dismount.

So I guess I'm a knuckle dragger. Which is okay, because I'm gonna have fun this year!

1 comment:

Cathartic Rage said...

Ha. I wont say I told you so. But I will say that you've been bitten. Its hard to resist. I skied for a good decade before I picked up my first board. Yeah. I never looked back.

BTW, it was show showering in Lake O last night. WOOO!