Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Someone else likes my bike!

Funny how little things can give you a lasting grin.

I went to a meeting at the Portland Building hosted by the Portland City Transportation Department last night. The Department needs volunteers to do bike traffic counts during peak traffic times on Portland's bikeways so that they can show usage numbers and justify creating more bikeways. A good cause and one for which I'm happy to volunteer.

Anyway, I came out of the meeting and was unlocking my bike. And the guy who had unlocked his bike (locked up right next to mine) commented "Nice bike." Now, he had a Bianchi Velocity that was lighter and faster. He liked mine because of the brazons that allow for mounting luggage racks and fenders. We chatted al ittle bit about different bikes and how you really can't have too many bikes. He went his way and I went mine, but his comment had me grinning for few minutes thinking about "greener grass."

No comments: