Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm gonna start with Sunday



No, this footage was not me skiing. I snowboard, remember? I just thought it was a pretty sick set of footage.

Sunday was epic. Skibowl got 13 inches of fresh snow overnight. Aaron and I headed up late in the day and got on the lift around 1 pm. By 2:30 pm we were riding black diamond runs in the upper bowl. We weren't riding them well or with style, but we were riding them. Aaron had never been on a black diamond before. And he did great. We both made it down our first no-fall black diamond run. And to top everything off, we managed to grab some untracked powder in the lower ski area along the lift line. Truly an awesome day.

And I was so tired that after we got to the run-out below the lodge, I laid down for 45 seconds and thought to myself "I could take a nap right here." My legs shook for 15 minutes while we rehydrated with a beer and talked about the day. It was, without a doubt, the best day of this season.

No comments: