Sunday, September 10, 2006

Home improvement Sunday

Our Sunday did not prove as interesting as our Saturday, but we did get a lot done. Dev ran lots of chores. And I discovered why people will spend $2000 on new cabinets and installation instead of refinishing their old ones. The math is simple: paint is *much* harder to remove from a surface than to add to a surface.

That's right! I got to strip the paint from a couple of kitchen cabinet doors today. Five decades of paint takes more than a few minutes and a la-de-da to strip off. I used some paint stripper, a power sander, a jackhammer and a "bunker buster" cluster bomb. I think the jackhammer *actually* managed to knock the paint off, but I was so tired of the whole process by that point that I threw the bomb in out of sheer frustration.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

No comments: